“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you.” ~Jane Goodall
Earth Day is April 22nd, and every year my family and I try to take a “how green are we?” assessment in honor of the day that celebrates our amazing planet. We talk about the things we are already doing to be eco-friendly, we think about new ideas and also set goals for the year. We are proud of the positive effect those little changes might have on the world around us.
You don’t have to have solar panels, a compost bin, or drive an electric car to be eco-conscious.
There are a ton of little things you can do—right now, today—to cut down on your carbon footprint. I’ve included a few of my favorite ideas below, so take a peek and remember, it is actually easy being green!
- Switch from paper bills to electronic statements to cut down on paper products.
- Bring cloth shopping bags to the grocery store; say goodbye to all that plastic!
- Use old t-shirts instead of paper towels when cleaning.
- Buy reusable snack bags and lunch containers to cut back on throwaway sandwich bags.
- Take shorter showers, or fill the bath with less water.
- Run your dishwasher and washing machine at night to save electricity, gas, and water.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Buy and sell clothing at consignment shops instead of buying new.
- Buy in bulk and divvy up food and snacks to cut down on wasteful packaging.
- Eat one meatless meal a week.
Find out about Earth Day Tx 2017 by clicking here.
What do you do to be more eco-friendly? Share your ideas below!