2016 has been a special, special year for Dallas Moms Blog! This summer we reached an incredible milestone of over 20,000 Facebook Fans and over 6,000 Instagram followers. In April we celebrated our 5th Birthday as a parenting resource for Dallas Moms which made us the 2nd longest running sister site in the City Moms Blog Network. So of course, we’re ending the year with some amazing events — our Spooktacular 5th Birthday Bash on October 30th and our 2nd annual Breakfast with Santa on December 3rd, plus a few other fun surprises!
But it’s today that we’re announcing our most exciting news yet!
Over the last 5 years, Dallas Moms Blog has watched our incredible city grow an an enormous rate. So big, that DFW had the 2nd largest population boom IN THE NATION beating out Atlanta, Phoenix, New York, and LA.** Along with Fort Worth Moms Blog, we’ve had the privilege and honor of serving our DFW families as our two cities have slowly come together through growing suburbs in the MidCities.
But Dallas Moms Blog knows there’s more to do to provide for our readers and moms. As Dallas has begun to swell, communities in Far North Texas have begun reaching out to us with one request, “Bring your resources and events to our area.”
McKinney :: Celina :: Allen :: Prosper :: Wylie :: Sachse :: Frisco :: Murphy :: Princeton :: Anna :: and beyond!
While Dallas Moms Blog has always considered ourselves a website for the entire Dallas Metroplex, it’s time to give these ever-growing cities and towns a chance to build their own communities like those Dallas Moms Blog has helped to establish and provide a Moms Blog resource that’s just as passionate about Collin County as the moms who live there!
Collin County Moms Blog
Launching October 17, 2016!
On October 17, 2016, Collin County Moms Blog will officially launch for moms of Collin County, Texas, and we couldn’t be more thrilled!
Our goal will be to discuss the nitty gritty of motherhood. We’ll discuss the serious and important questions that moms have, as well as the humorous and gross sides of motherhood. We are here to help other moms feel a little less crazy and a little more “normal.”
And most importantly, Collin County Moms Blog will bring the same incredible events hosted by Dallas Moms Blog to your cities. No longer will you need to drive south of 635. (Unless you really want to!)
We encourage you to follow along on social media as Collin County gets its feet off the ground! As many of you already are!
Collin County Moms Blog will not be just one person, but a team made up of moms from all backgrounds: some of us work outside of the home, while others stay home full-time; we will all have different sized families, with kids of all ages, and come from different circumstances. If you’re wanting to be a part of this fun, inspirational, locally-focused website from the beginning, then here’s what you need to know!
Interested in becoming a contributor?
This is a volunteer position, but there are some really fun perks to make it all worthwhile. Note :: you do NOT have to be an incredibly well-known blogger to apply! We’re simply looking for moms who know how to write, have a passion for motherhood and their community, and are looking for a way to connect!
What you GIVE…
- Your passion for moms, kids, and the Collin County area that fits within the brand and mission of Collin County Moms Blog
- Reliability, team spirit, and your own unique, fun perspective
- One or two original posts per month on the topic of your choice
- A 12 month commitment beginning October 1, 2016-October 1, 2017.
- Your presence, when possible, at CCMB events and contributor gatherings (which are designed to be a great time!)
- Availability for in-person and online contributor meetings that are held a few times a year
What you GET…
- New connections, new friendships, and an amazing experience
- Social and direct networking with a huge community of moms (and kids) in Collin County
- Free admission to all CCMB Events
- Your photo and bio on the CCMB Team page (with links to your business, personal blog, and/or social media handles if you choose to share them)
- Access to our private contributors Facebook group
- Access to information and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media, and event management
- Opportunity to test out products and/or services for review as they become available to CCMB
- Fun! Even if you don’t consider yourself a blogger, writing is therapeutic and awesome.
Interested in joining our team as a contributor and be a part from the beginning?
Fill out the form below no later than Wednesday, September 14.
The newest members of the Collin County Moms Blog Team will be announced October 17 with the launch of Collin County Moms Blog!