Starbucks is pretending it feels like Fall… And so I am! I am wearing leggings already (sweating), lighting fall scented candles, and I am pretty sure I am the first on my block to have a pumpkin on my porch. Maybe by doing all of these things I can trick Mother Nature into cooling down sooner than later? TODAY, I thought I would save you people $4.65+ per day. How? Well, the Pumpkin Spice Latte is now being served at Starbucks and it is wonderful as usual AND seasonal so if you are like me, you have to consistently fight the urge to go buy one every single day… But guys, this year it is seriously cutting into my Chick-fil-A budget. Remember, I have an allowance now? 1 cup of coffee from Starbucks is as much as a kids meal?!?! This is nuts. Don’t get me wrong, I will still buy them to treat myself every once in awhile but on the OTHER days, I am going to use this simple DIY Pumpkin spice Latte recipe! Anyone with me?
- Half and Half
- 100% pure pumpkin (Canned)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Cane sugar
- Milk frother (optional but makes a huge difference!)
- Grab that cute coffee cup of yours. Pour the half and half depending on what kind of gal you are with your coffee. (Are you a coffee with a splash of creamer girl or are you a CREAMER with a splash of coffee type like me?)
- Once the half and half is poured, take a generous spoonful of pumpkin and plop it in there. (I store the extra canned pumpkin in a tupperware in the refrigerator once the can is opened.)
- Sprinkle equal amounts of cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and cane sugar on top and then mix with a milk frother until it looks milky and smooth.
- Once it is blended, pour your coffee on top, stir and enjoy!
I know there are a ton of PSL recipes out there! Any other great ones I should try? HAPPY FALL, YALL!