Until now, taking our kids to the pumpkin patch in 90 degree weather just didn’t feel right, but now that fall has arrived, we are already planning a trip to the Dallas Arboretum for our annual photos in their nationally recognized pumpkin-palooza!
Autumn in the Arboretum is already rolling, and they have some great deals to help you plan your trip to East Dallas, such as:
Wednesday’s “Buy One Get One Free” Admission (through November 27)
C.C. Young sponsors Senior Thursdays (through November 21)
General admission tickets for $11.50 and a 20% discount at the Hoffman Family Gift Store to anyone 65 and over.
Columbus Day Weekend Discount (October 12 & 13)
Purchase admission to the garden on Saturday, October 12 and receive complimentary admission to visit again on Sunday, October 13.
Tom Thumb Discount at Area Stores (through November 27)
$1 discounted tickets available at area stores.
Half Price Daytime Parking – Purchase Online $5 per vehicle
If all slots happen to be full, this fee can be used for tickets or gift store purchases
**Note: All discounts do not include admission into the Roy Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden.
Last year around this time, we shared with you our cute kids in the pumpkin patches around Dallas, but this year, we want to see yours!
Dallas Moms Blog is hosting our first Littlest Pumpkins Photo Contest!
Send us an email of your cutest pumpkins to info (at) dallasmomsblog (dot) com by 12 CST each Friday for the month of October. All of the pictures received will be posted in an album on our Facebook page by 7pm CST that Friday night. The picture that receives the most likes (in our album) by the following Thursday at midnight CST wins the giveaway basket for that week!
The winner will be announced that Friday morning, along with details for the next week’s giveaway. So, start sending your photos in, as our contest will start this Friday!
We’re accepting pictures immediately and will post all of them this Friday, October 11th and voting will continue until Thursday, October 17th. And then we’ll repeat. 3 more times!
- Only submit pictures to which you have the legal rights (i.e. they are your children and it’s your photograph – if it’s a professional picture, please credit the photographer in a comment and disclose that you have rights to post). By sending the picture to Dallas Moms Blog, you are agreeing to having the image posted on social media.
- Each picture can be submitted only once (you can’t re-submit the same picture every week).
- Pictures must be EMAILED to info (at) dallasmomsblog (dot) org, not posted to our Facebook page. DMB will not accept pictures posted to the page.
- Pictures must be liked in the album on our Facebook page, not on a picture that is shared. So please be sure that you are clear with your friends when asking them to vote! Only album image “likes” will be counted (this essentially means your friends and family have to navigate to the DMB Facebook page, scroll through the album and vote).
- Pictures should be family friendly. (That should go without saying!) DMB reserves the rights to use discretion in which pictures are posted.
- Photos do not have to be taken at the Dallas Arboretum.
- All deadlines are CENTRAL standard time.