Ever since I started to stay home with my girls, I realized that I catch “Cabin Fever” VERY easily! More than a day cooped up in our house and I could pull my hair out. Especially when “Frozen” is STILL on rotation at our house. (Can we please find a replacement already!?!?!)
Someone recently told me about the new indoor playground at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano! It opened up in November and once I heard there was a 3 story SLIDE, I knew I had to check it out! My 3 year old is quite the daredevil and I knew this was right up our alley. We frequent the Watermark Tree Fort and the playground at the Galleria so I was excited to expand my “free” entertainment portfolio.
I cannot tell you how COOL this playground is! There is something for every size and age (as long as they are under 10)! Adults can even partake in the fun. (I ZOOMED down the 3 story slide and shot out the bottom like a waterslide… I will probably not be doing that again, ha!) I also had to “rescue” my toddler as she got further up and it was very easy to climb and navigate. Bonus: They have FREE WIFI and for this work-from-home Mom it was ideal to let my girls play while I answered some work emails. The whole space is spotless with a ton of soft mats, slides, and has an obstacle course type setup.
A few questions answered:
- Do you have to be a member of Prestonwood Baptist Church to play? Nope!
- Do you have to pay? No, it’s free! But you do check in at the Kidz Central Desk. Once you have filled out the paperwork one time, it is an easy check-in process!
- Is it open for private parties? Not at this time, but I was told they are looking into this option!
- Where is it located? Prestonwood Baptist Church Plano Location. 6801 W. Park Blvd. Plano, TX Park in the “Main Entrance” parking lot and the Kidz Central Desk is immediately to the right after you enter the atrium doors.
- When are they open? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9am- 4:30 pm; Wednesdays: 9am – 6:15 pm ; Saturdays 4-4:45 pm and Sundays 8:30-9, 12- 12:45 pm. NOTE: Their preschool and MDO programs get out at 2pm and that is when it gets crowded! If you want a more low-key experience, I would suggest going in the morning. We typically go around 10:30AM and it’s not busy at all! Hopefully this post won’t cause that to change 😉
Other things worth noting: Shoes have to be worn at all times. Adult supervision is necessary. No food, gum, or beverages in the play area.
Definitely go check it out!
What are your favorite FREE indoor play areas in Dallas? I am always looking for new places to try!