Although the first day of summer is technically June 21st, in Dallas it’s the day school is out for summer! And folks, that’s happened! As other parts of the United States begin to put the parkas away, in Texas we’re already pulling out the baby pools and dreaming of Fall and cooler temps.
With the end of school looming and as the heat begins to rise, you might already be thinking about how you’ll survive another Texas summer. But never fear! Dallas Moms Blog has you covered!
We’ve got the list of must-do’s for the summer that will help you plan for the family who might be coming to stay or your 8 year old’s friends who seem to never leave.
So, grab that necessary “trenta” Shaken Iced Tea, and head out to cross off these awesome DFW activities with your family! (Need further details or more information? Click the link and you’ll be directed to all the fun!)
The Ultimate Summer Bucket List for DFW::
1. Enjoy nature indoors at the Butterfly House in Fair Park.
2. Rent a Kayak on White Rock Lake.
3. Take a staycation to the Great Wolf Lodge or Gaylord Texan Resort.
5. Brave the heat and sit in the upper decks at a Ranger Game!
6. Sneak over to Kidville’s Play Village and Indoor Gym on a FREE trial visit.
7. Take the 54′ escalator up to the top of the Perot Museum and explore your way down floor by floor.
8. Ride the McKinney Avenue Trolley to Klyde Warren Park for lunch with the food trucks and get a little wet at the splash pad.
9. Pretend it’s winter again and grab your favorite scarf for some Ice Skating at Galleria Dallas.
10. Keep the kids in the car and the A/C on while you watch the airplanes at DFW or Addison Airport from your car.
11. Head up to the GEO-Deck at Reunion Tower and enjoy lunch with a rotating view.
12. Try Saturday morning cartoons at the Studio Movie Grill.
14. Get wiggly or listen to a story at Bookmarks Library in NorthPark Center.
15. Relax on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad with a trip to the Fort Worth Stockyards and back.
16. Participate in a scavenger hunt and puppet show at “First Saturday’s” at the Nasher.
17. Have some fun in the sun at Hawaiian Falls in Garland.
19. Celebrate the 4th with Kaboomtown in Addison.
20. Attend a summer concert at the Arboretum.
21. Let your child be amazed when Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey comes to town!
22. Stroll through NorthPark Center and visit with the ducks and turtles.
23. Have some good ol’ fashioned fun at Six Flags!
24. Take a short drive to Ennis and catch a movie at the drive-in.
25. Grab a bucket and do some berry picking at one of many surrounding farms!
Need a creative way to pick an activity? Create your own “Summer Bucket” with this DIY Activity on Dallas Moms Blog!
Do you have a favorite DFW summer activity we missed? Do Share!!
**This list was NOT sponsored by any of the businesses or activities mentioned above. We were in no way influenced when making this list!