February 22nd is National Margarita Day. If you didn’t know that, now you do and it should live forever on your calendar! Dallas has no shortage of good margaritas either. I’ve spent the last month ordering margaritas around town to round up my favorites to share with you. Tough gig; you’re welcome. I routinely order the “skinny” version as most frozen versions are way too sweet for my taste. So if that’s your style too, you are in luck. Most of the list below falls into that category with a few notable exceptions.
Enjoy and Cheers! You all deserve to celebrate.
- Villa-O – Though this Knox hot-spot is not known for margaritas, Daniel’s is one of the best I have ever had. You’ll have to ask him (behind the bar) to make one for you since it is not on the menu. It’s his own recipe and has the perfect amount of spice and flavor without being too sweet.
- Meso Maya– It’s hard to compete with the food menu but these margaritas are reason enough to go to Meso Maya. There are about six options on the menu, including avocado and serrano-berry infused versions each one made with different tequila. Try them all and uber home.
- Cantina Laredo – The straight up Skinny Margarita is my favorite. It’s tangy and light enough that I usually have two by the time dinner is done. And it goes great with the tableside guac.
- Blue Goose – Known to be strong… and good. The frozen version has many followers and most say no more than two! I still like the on the rocks and lighter version which is still a little sweet and plenty of tasty. Plus the queso here is just about the best I’ve ever had.
- Mi Cocina/Taco Diner – The obvious choice… a Mambo Taxi. This is one frozen version that I will always order. It’s pretty tough to beat a Mambo and girl time on the patio on a summer day in Dallas. I also happened to have more than one of these days before finding out I was pregnant with my son so they hold a special place in my heart.
Where will you be celebrating with your favorite margarita?