*Dallas Moms Blog cannot be held responsible if your head explodes from the cuteness you are about to be subjected to! But we do apologize in advance, because it’s very likely to happen…
As soon as the temperature drops, even a few degrees, us Texans pull out our sweaters and boots and cling on to the hope that this TX heat is gonna give us a break for a bit. Everyone I know is pinning fall clothes to their Style boards and soup recipes to their Recipe boards on Pinterest. So even though it’s still in the high 80s, we are celebrating and ready for Autumn! And with Autumn comes a plethora of great activities that we will get to do with our families — outdoors (I’d almost forgotten what it was like out there)!
Being members of the Dallas Arboretum, we’ve been looking forward to Autumn at the Arboretum since last Autumn! And starting September 22 through November 26th – it’s back!! The weather is perfect for walking around and enjoying the beauty that the Arboretum has to offer, having a picnic or just smelling the flowers. But most exciting of all is the GORGEOUS Pumpkin Village they have set up. It’s the perfect place to ring in the fall weather, let your kiddos run around and play, and (traditionally) get some beautiful pictures of your kids and your family!! I asked some of my fellow contributors to dig through their old photo albums and let us see just how cute their kids can be sitting next to some pumpkins… and let me just go ahead and say — goodness do we have some cute kids in the group!
So without further ado please enjoy these seriously cute kids next to some pumpkins! (Click on any picture to make it larger and enjoy it’s full-sized cuteness!)
If you haven’t been to the Pumpkin Village at the Dallas Arboretum you definitely need to visit this year! Here are some of the fun events you do not want to miss out on! (And I would seriously consider that membership if I were you, we love ours and with all these events — we have definitely gotten our money’s worth!)
- Tom Thumb Pumpkin Patch
- Pumpkin Village displaying four houses decorated with pumpkins, gourds and squash in the theme of Cinderella’s Ballroom, Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother’s tiny house, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Dr. Pompo’s Nose. (Sponsored by Kane Russell Coleman & Logan, Trammel Crow Company & BDO)
- Cool Thursday Fall Concerts – every Thursday, September 4 through October 30. Show begins at 7 p.m.
- MOMMY & ME MONDAYS AND TINY TOT TUESDAYS (Sponsored by Kimberly Clark) Including – Face Painting, Arts & Crafts, and Petting Zoo in Pecan Grove, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and Kindermusik with Miss Lisa in Pecan Grove, 12 – 12:30 p.m.
- EDDIE COKER COLUMBUS DAY CHILDREN’S CONCERT OCTOBER 13 (Sponsored by Dallas Child) Including – Eddie Coker on the Martin Rutchik Concert Stage, and Petting Zoo, Face Painting and Arts & Crafts 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- FAMILY FUN WEEKEND – OCTOBER 25 & 26 Including — Magician, Petting Zoo and Face Painting in Pecan Grove, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and Trick-or-Treat throughout the garden at each of the Small Houses of Great Artists, 12 – 4 p.m.
And if you have been to the Pumpkin Village before, we’d love for you to visit our Facebook Page, Like us, and post any pictures you have of your seriously cute kiddos with some pumpkins! We can’t wait to see them!!