We have partnered with our Spooktacular sponsor Energy Ogre for this post. All opinions are 100% our own!
I have fallen for the traps several times, its hard not to. All those gimmicky ads between supposed ‘Free Nights and Weekends’ to Matthew Mcconaughey’s raspy Texas twang voice lulling me into falling for another retail energy provider trick. But the thing is, I didn’t really know I was being taken because I didn’t really understand how the energy marketplace works. Fortunately, Energy Ogre has my back and helped me figure it all out before it was too late.
Here are some of the common red flags or traps you might fall into easily so be on the lookout:
- You have to stick with the same retail energy provider if/when you move – this one is just flat out not true and against the rules and regulations. When you move you are free to shop around for a new provider. Ahem….sign up with Energy Ogre and let them shop around for you.
- Call Back Deals – you decide to terminate and have gone to a different company and somebody misses you. So they call you and try to sweet talk you all sorts of crazy offers to get you to come back. Usually these offers are very short term or they are quoting you a partial price, don’t fall for it. Ask them how long the term is and what the final price is after all extra charges and taxes are added in.
- Get the Real Rate – often times retail energy providers will quote you a rate that doesn’t include things like wire charges so that the price per kilowatt hour sounds like a great deal. Don’t let them play you like that…you know better. Make sure and ask for the full quote, not just retail energy provider charge.
- Block Rate Programs – these are really tricky. The retail energy provider will quote you a certain price for X number of hours of usage only for the price to up once you hit the next level of usage. They make it sound all nice and like they are really saving you money but rarely will you get the lowest price. Don’t be fooled.
The best advice I have is to let all this burden be given to someone else, someone like Energy Ogre. They have been in this crazy energy business for years and will do their best to make sure you get an honest and fair price for your electricity. They will always go to bat for you and you don’t have to raise a finger…or study a bunch of energy business verbiage to understand what’s going on.
Energy Ogre exists for you, to make sure retail energy providers don’t get too greedy and stay honest with your hard earned money. Think about this too, all of the electricity they sell is the same, you don’t get different or better quality electricity from another provider. So don’t pay more than you should.
For more information visit EnergyOgre.com and find them on social media at Facebook Page and Twitter. To see how much you might be able to save, be sure to use their Savings Calculator and be in “awe!”
And don’t forget :: When you’re ready to register, make sure to use “dallasmomsblog” at registration to get your 13th month FREE!
Have you been tricked by a retail energy company in the past? Do you have an Energy Ogre success story?
We would love to hear about it.
Find more information on Energy Ogre using these previous posts from Dallas Moms Blog:
- Changing the Energy Game with Energy Ogre
- 5 Ways to Spend Your Energy Ogre Savings
- Save Time & Money with Energy Ogre