Spring has officially sprung!
It’s that time of year when you want to spend as much time outside as possible and enjoy the beautiful Texas weather before the heat wave hits! Rather than scrambling each day trying to find what to do next with your kids, we’ve got an easy check list for you to use. And if you complete this list, check out our Spring Activities in DFW bucket list from 2011 or Spring Break Staycation Ideas for a few more helpful ideas!
And we know that not all the days are gorgeous enough to spend outside. The rainy days of Spring can sometimes be long and brutal, so we’ve added a list of great Spring indoor activities too!
So, get going and start checking off your list! June is just around the corner!
Spring Outdoor Activities
1. Go to your first Frisco Rough Riders Game with the family before it gets too hot!
2. Enjoy a family-friendly outdoor concert (or two) at Wildflower Arts & Music Festival in Richardson.
3. Pack a picnic and spend the afternoon at Celebration Park in Allen.
4. Find your nearest family-friendly restaurant patio and enjoy brunch or lunch outside!
5. Plan a cowboy-themed day trip and venture over to the Fort Worth Stockyards.
6. Go fruit-picking at Hams Orchard.
7. Visit a few local Farmers Market (my favorite is right up the road at the White Rock Local Market)
8. Fly a Kite at White Rock Lake or rent a kayak with your older ones.
9. Take a ride with Thomas the Train in Grapevine.
10. Capture some casual moments with your camera while exploring Dallas Blooms and the Adventure Garden at the Dallas Arboretum.
11. Create a nature hunt for your kids while hiking a trail in the Trinity Audubon or Heard Museum.
12. Pack a blanket, card games, and make a meal by sampling one item from each food truck at Klyde Warren Park.
13. “Camp” in the backyard….tent, s’mores, campfire meal, stargazing….with Pinterest the possibilities are endless.
14. Take a short drive to Ennis for a Drive-In Movie.
15. Spend dinner at The Lot, relaxing and enjoying a meal (and a beverage!) while the kids explore the play area.
Spring Indoor Activities
1. Join in on a class at Bookmarks Public Library in NorthPark Center like Tickles for Toddlers or Preschool Palooza.
2. Go camping inside and make a cozy book nook.
3. Explore your senses at a new indoor play space like Sense-able Gym.
4. Visit Texas Discovery Gardens for “Stories & More” and spend time with the Butterflies.
5. Turn your living room into a race track or your bathtub into a ball pit!
6. Get the energy out at Jumpstreet or Cosmic Jump indoor trampoline parks.
7. Create a scavenger hunt for the Perot Museum and explore floor by floor!
8. Leave the kids with your hubby and grab your favorite girlfriends for a Mom’s Night Out with Dallas Moms Blog & Dishcrawl!
9. Grab a Kidville Playspace Passport and take advantage of their Play Village and Open Gym times for when you really need it!
12. Take a train ride to Fort Worth and back on the TRE.