What is it about New Year resolutions? There is something so refreshing in the possibility of starting a new year off with a blank slate. We can be the best versions of our dream selves. Are they realistic? Sometimes. Are they ridiculous? Sometimes. Do they give hope? Definitely.
I am guilty of not following through on any New Years resolution that I have ever set. However, I keep setting them. Often time I have the same ones every year. Practice makes perfect, right? Or is this the classic definition of insanity, trying the same thing over and over again? Regardless of the answer, I have listed my top 5 “go to” resolutions.
One of these days…
- Put that phone down. I am guilty, as many of us are of being glued to soer about keeping in touch.me form of technology. My addiction is my phone. I need to put it away and really invest some unplugged time with my kids. I am the first to jump into any conversation about kids needing to turn the TV off, get off their iPADs and go outside, yet here I am looking at Instagram over playing legos. I need to start practicing what I preach.
- Be better about keeping in touch. You would think with my addiction to my phone I’d be better at using it to keep in touch with family and friends. I think about so many distant relatives and friends, I need to let them know.
- Get in shape. I have to throw this one in here… what’s a resolution list without it????
- Get rid of STUFF. I want to purge in the New Year. I want all the toys that are never touched, or missing parts to be donated or thrown away. I want my closet door to shut. It takes a great deal of effort and real thought to decide what to keep and I am dedicating myself to doing it in 2017!
- Meal plan. I want to do this so badly, just check my Pinterest board! I even purchased a new slow cooker to help make this a reality.
Now that this list is in black and white and documented for all to read, please someone hold me accountable! Happy New Year, let’s make 2017 a fantastic and memorable year.